Instant Boost™ Skin Tonic
Naturally active ingredients
- Cucumber Extract (Cucumis sativus)
- Cucumber contains traces of useful nutrients, including potassium, silicon and sulphur. Traditionally used as a compress this refreshing ingredient is calming and soothing.
- Geranium Essential Oil (Pelargonium graveolens)
- This essential oil provides a wonderfully uplifting fragrance. Pelargonium graveolens, known as rose-scented geranium has a powerful rose-like odour. This luxurious oil is most commonly used in aromatherapy for its toning and balancing properties.
- Aloe Vera (Aloe barbadensis)
- The gel found in this cactus-like plant’s fat juicy fronds contain active ingredients to help cool, soothe and soften the skin. Aloe vera has been used for more than 6000 years to treat a variety of skin ailments, including sunburn, blisters and burns.
- The glycerin we use is always vegetable derived. It is a humectant (attracts water), drawing atmospheric water onto the skin to aid hydration.
- Hops Extract (Humulus lupulus)
- This herbal extract comes from the pinecone-like fruit of the hop plant and has astringent and toning properties.
- Otherwise known as pro-vitamin B5, this B vitamin is necessary for the normal functioning of the skin and has a moisturising effect. It also helps stimulate cellular renewal.
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)
- This antioxidant helps protect skin against free radical damage caused by pollution and the sun’s radiation. We only use premium natural source vitamin E which is up to three times more potent than the synthetic variety.
- Calendula Extract (Calendula officinalis)
- This cheerful plant more commonly known as marigold has a long history of use in traditional medicine. An extract produced from the plant has a calming, soothing effect on the skin.
- Chamomile Essential Oil/Extract (Anthemis nobilis)
- This herb takes its name from the Greek kamai (ground) and melon (apple) because of the sweet apple-like fragrance it releases when trodden on. The essential oil is considered a gentle oil by aromatherapists and medical herbalists have used chamomile for soothing the skin for centuries.
Full ingredients list
At Liz Earle, high performance, quality and safe ingredients are our priority.
The ingredients in this product are:
Aqua (water), Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, Glycerin, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, Anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower extract, Calendula officinalis (calendula) flower extract, Humulus lupulus (hops) extract, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Allantoin, Parfum (fragrance), Benzoic acid, Tocopheryl acetate, Dehydroacetic acid, Sodium hydroxide, Ethylhexylglycerin, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Coumarin, Citric acid, Potassium sorbate.
Please take a moment to read our ingredients philosophy.