Skin Repair™ Moisturiser Normal/combination
Naturally active ingredients
- Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare)
- This oil comes from the seed or ‘germ’ of the wheat stalk. Wheatgerm makes an excellent addition to massage oil as it contains high levels of vitamin E, which is a powerful antioxidant.
- The glycerin we use is always vegetable derived. It is a humectant (attracts water), drawing atmospheric water onto the skin to aid hydration.
- Beta-carotene is one of the orange/yellow pigments responsible for the colour of many fruits and vegetables such as carrots, oranges, apricots. It is also widely found in green leafy vegetables but its colour is masked by the green chlorophyll. This is why when the level of chlorophyll in leaves falls during autumn the leaves turn a reddish colour as the beta-carotene becomes visible. Beta-carotene has antioxidant properties.
- Borage Oil (Borago officinalis)
- Nicknamed the herb of gladness by the Romans because of its use in treating depression. The beautiful star shaped flowers of this plant give way to tiny seeds crammed with a health promoting plant oil. This oil is one of the richest sources of the essential fatty acid GLA (gamma linolenic acid), which helps to lock moisture onto the skin.
- Hops Extract (Humulus lupulus)
- This herbal extract comes from the pinecone-like fruit of the hop plant and has astringent and toning properties.
- Echinacea Extract (Echinacea angustifolia/purpurea)
- This pretty flower from the same family as sunflowers and daisies has striking purple petals. It is said to be named because the spiky conical seed head in the centre of the petals resembles a hedgehog (echinos is Greek for hedgehog). Native Americans first used this plant and it has been used widely in herbal preparations ever since for anything ranging from colds and flu to skin conditions.
- Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima)
- The flesh of the avocado contains nearly 50% plant oil. Highly nutritious, it is a good source of vitamin E, magnesium and linoleic acid, an essential fatty acid and leaves the skin smooth and soft.
- Otherwise known as pro-vitamin B5, this B vitamin is necessary for the normal functioning of the skin and has a moisturising effect. It also helps stimulate cellular renewal.
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)
- This antioxidant helps protect skin against free radical damage caused by pollution and the sun’s radiation. We only use premium natural source vitamin E which is up to three times more potent than the synthetic variety.
Full ingredients list
At Liz Earle, high performance, quality and safe ingredients are our priority.
The ingredients in this product are:
Aqua (water), Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Cetyl alcohol, Glycerin, Persea gratissima (avocado) oil, Sorbitan stearate, Borago officinalis seed oil, Polysorbate 60, Cetyl esters, Triticum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, Echinacea purpurea extract, Humulus lupulus (hops) extract, Beta-carotene, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium lactate, Panthenol, Parfum (fragrance), Benzoic acid, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Tocopheryl acetate, Dehydroacetic acid, Polysorbate 80, Ethylhexylglycerin, Alpha-isomethyl ionone, Limonene, Lactic acid, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol, Citral, Ascorbyl palmitate.
Please take a moment to read our ingredients philosophy.