Superskin™ Moisturiser unfragranced for sensitive skin
Naturally active ingredients
- The glycerin we use is always vegetable derived. It is a humectant (attracts water), drawing atmospheric water onto the skin to aid hydration.
- Borage Oil (Borago officinalis)
- Nicknamed the herb of gladness by the Romans because of its use in treating depression. The beautiful star shaped flowers of this plant give way to tiny seeds crammed with a health promoting plant oil. This oil is one of the richest sources of the essential fatty acid GLA (gamma linolenic acid), which helps to lock moisture onto the skin.
- West African Shea (Vitellaria paradoxa)
- Shea nuts are wild-harvested in the forested savannah of Africa in an area that extends west-east for approximately 5,000 kilometers between the latitudes of 11 and 14 degrees north of the equator. Our West African shea is from the Tung Teiya Women’s Shea Association in Ghana. Eleven women’s groups, comprising of 450 women, generate income from harvesting shea, valuing and conserving their semi-arid ecosystem. Shea butter improves the elasticity of the skin and enhances the barrier function of the epidermis, helping it to retain moisture.
- Pomegranate Extract (Punica granatum)
- The pomegranate is a neat, rounded shrub or small tree that produces red apple-sized fruits, which contain fleshy pink seeds. The name pomegranate comes from the old French ‘seed apple’. Pomegranate extract is used in products for its antioxidant properties. Antioxidants neutralise free radicals.
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)
- This antioxidant helps protect skin against free radical damage caused by pollution and the sun’s radiation. We only use premium natural source vitamin E which is up to three times more potent than the synthetic variety.
- Rosehip Oil (Rosa rubiginosa)
- This oil is produced from the seeds contained within striking red rosehips. Considered a luxurious oil rosehip seed oil is a good source of essential fatty acids which help lock moisture onto the skin.
- Cranberry Seed Oil (Vaccinium macrocarpon)
- This oil is produced by pressing the seeds from cranberries. Rich in omegas 3, 6 and 9, it is an easily absorbed moisturising oil.
Full ingredients list
At Liz Earle, high performance, quality and safe ingredients are our priority.
The ingredients in this product are:
Aqua (water), Glycerin, Ethylhexyl stearate, Vaccinium macrocarpon (cranberry) seed oil, Diheptyl succinate, Rosa rubiginosa seed oil, Borago officinalis seed oil, Cetearyl alcohol, Pentaerythrityl distearate, Glyceryl stearate, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Punica granatum flower extract, Maltodextrin, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Citronellyl methylcrotonate, Sodium polyacrylate, Sodium stearoyl glutamate, Capryloyl glycerin/sebacic acid copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Benzoic acid, Xanthan gum, Dehydroacetic acid, Alcohol, Sodium ascorbyl phosphate, Citric acid.
Please take a moment to read our ingredients philosophy.