Superskin™ Eye Cream
Naturally active ingredients
- Rhubarb Root Extract (Rheum rhaponticium)
- This extract is an active fraction obtained from the roots of Rheum rhaponticium. It is standardised to form Rhaponticin, an active component found in rhubarb roots shown to influence the skin’s moisturisation mechanism.
- Paracress flower extract (Spilanthes acmella)
- Originally from South America, Paracress is often called the ‘toothache plant’, and was regarded highly for its use in ancient dental practices. Today it has many use, and applied topically, it’s thought to help reduce muscle tension, making it ideal for tackling wrinkles and fine lines. We source ours from South Africa.
- Borage Oil (Borago officinalis)
- Nicknamed the herb of gladness by the Romans because of its use in treating depression. The beautiful star shaped flowers of this plant give way to tiny seeds crammed with a health promoting plant oil. This oil is one of the richest sources of the essential fatty acid GLA (gamma linolenic acid), which helps to lock moisture onto the skin.
- Pomegranate Extract (Punica granatum)
- The pomegranate is a neat, rounded shrub or small tree that produces red apple-sized fruits, which contain fleshy pink seeds. The name pomegranate comes from the old French ‘seed apple’. Pomegranate extract is used in products for its antioxidant properties. Antioxidants neutralise free radicals.
- Alfalfa seed extract (Medicago sativa)
- Cherished today for its ability to help reduce the appearance of puffiness, it’s thought to originate from Southeast Asia, where native people claimed feeding it to animals made them swift and strong. They named it ‘Al-fal-fa’ meaning ‘father of all foods’ in Arabic.
- Green Tea Extract (Camellia sinensis)
- The leaves of green tea are steamed immediately after picking to prevent any natural degradation of the vitamins and polyphenols (antioxidants), which they contain. Most of the health benefits of green tea are attributed to its antioxidant activity.
- Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii)
- This natural moisturiser comes from the fruit of the African Karite tree and has remarkable nourishing and smoothing properties. Shea butter is particularly useful in counteracting dryness as it helps to seal moisture onto the skin.
- Vitamin E (Tocopherol)
- This antioxidant helps protect skin against free radical damage caused by pollution and the sun’s radiation. We only use premium natural source vitamin E which is up to three times more potent than the synthetic variety.
- Cranberry Seed Oil (Vaccinium macrocarpon)
- This oil is produced by pressing the seeds from cranberries. Rich in omegas 3, 6 and 9, it is an easily absorbed moisturising oil.
Full ingredients list
At Liz Earle, high performance, quality and safe ingredients are our priority.
The ingredients in this product are:
Aqua (water), Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Sodium polyacrylate, Borago officinalis seed oil, Rosa rubiginosa seed oil, Myristyl myristate, Vaccinium macrocarpon (cranberry) seed oil, Soybean glycerides, Propanediol, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, Punica granatum fruit extract, Medicago sativa (alfalfa) seed extract, Spilanthes acmella flower extract, Alaria esculenta extract, Rheum rhaponticum root extract, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium stearoyl glutamate, Lactobacillus ferment lysate, Butyrospermum parkii butter unsaponifiables, Sodium hyaluronate, Xanthan gum, Saccharomyces cerevisiae extract, Hydrolyzed lupine protein, Arginine, Trisodium ethylenediamine disuccinate, Lactobacillus ferment, Hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid, Chlorphenesin, Caffeine, Ethylhexylglycerin, Aspartic acid, Ascorbyl palmitate, Sodium chloride, Citric acid.
Please take a moment to read our ingredients philosophy.